Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Sevy's Grill - September 6, 2011

This week's burger quest took our group to Sevy's Grill in Preston Center. The last time I was at Sevy's was when Nancy Nichols hosted her SideDish Supper Club featuring seafood from Steve Connolly Seafood out of Boston, Massachusetts. I had been meaning to go back and this week at lunch I had my chance to try their burger offering. Sevy's has been open since 1997 and is owned and operated by Chef Jim Severson and their menu features a variety of steaks, seafood, pastas along with a weekend brunch. After being seated by our server and ordering drinks, I placed my order for The Sevy Burger which was priced at $10 and featured bacon, sharp cheddar cheese and homemade coarse ground mustard. About ten minutes later, the following burger was placed before me:



The burger was served on a salad of lettuce, tomato and pickle along with a side of crispy fries and ketchup and mustard. The burger was simply presented on a lightly toasted bun and topped with melted cheddar cheese, grilled onions and two slices of bacon. Normally I prefer mayonnaise with my burger but I tasted the mustard and put a small layer on the top bun. Taking a bite, I tasted a very juicy burger that had a little bit of smokiness to it. The beef was very fresh tasting and contrasted nicely with the cheese and the sweetness of the grilled onions. The onions had been sliced in large chunks and caramelized to a crispy outside and soft inside. Although they were not listed on the menu, the onions presented a nice flavor in each bite and were a welcome addition. The bacon was cooked crispy but I would have liked to see another piece on top of the burger to add a little more pork to each bite of the burger. Next the bun held up well to each bite of the burger. It was a traditional white bun and did not detract from the flavors of meat and cheese. Finally the fries were shoestring style fries that were lightly salted and served hot and crispy.


Overall I enjoyed the burger offering at Sevy's Grill. It was a well prepared burger in an upscale Park Cities location with a surprisingly low price for the location. I would definitely try the burger again but I could easily be swayed by the blackened red fish poboy or the tenderloin wedge salad.


Ratings (1-25:)


Bun - 19, nicely toasted bun, good flavor


Meat - 20, well prepared patty, well seasoned, crispy bacon


Appearance - 20, pretty mix of onions, melted cheese and beef


Taste - 20, flavorful burger, juicy patty, good onion beef and bacon flavor in each bite


Overall - 79
Sevy's Grill on Urbanspoon

2 comments:

  1. Nice review! I like your 1-25 ratings : )

    Chance
    @burgerhunt
    http://TheBurgerHunt.Tumblr.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete